Gravesend DFAS – Committee structure
These are the posts that help the society to be so successful and to run smoothly. We usually meet about 6 times in a year for about 2 hours. Most of the work is done at our convenience, at times that fit in with our other commitments.
|Position||What does it involve?|
|· Introducing lecturers at meetings and giving a vote of thanks at the end.
· Organising and chairing the Annual General Meeting
· Representing the society at Area and National events
· Organising committee meetings
The Chairman is responsible for the overall management of the Society, maintaining good relationships between the Committee, the members and the Area and National teams.
|Treasurer||· Keeping accurate and timely accounting records
· Arranging payment Society expenses,
· Collecting and paying in any income received
· Preparing the annual audited accounts of the Society
|Secretary||· Providing clerical support for the Chairman by taking minutes at committee meetings and the AGM
· Helping the chairman organise the AGM
· Arranging for the printing of the annual membership card
|Programme Secretary||· Planning the yearly programme of lectures, and booking the lecturers in time for the programme to be included in the annual membership card. The Programme Secretaries also organise the day of special interest.
We prefer to have 2 programme secretaries as this spreads the work and it is always helpful to discuss ideas with some one.
|Visit Secretary||· Organising a programme of visits and an annual tour
We prefer to have 2 visits secretaries as this spreads the work and it is always helpful to discuss ideas with some one.
|Membership Secretary||· Maintaining an up to date Membership list and a Waiting list if one is needed.
· Recording those present at lectures and reporting numbers at committee meetings
· Managing the annual renewal process
· maintaining the central NADFAS list so that memtbers get AGM papers and the Review
The Membership Secretary is the first point of contact for potential new members wishing to join our Society
|Vice Chairman||· Supporting the Chairman and standing in for the Chairman if needed.
· Organising the annual lunch
· Welcoming visitors and new members, by giving out information packs, and ensuring they are made to feel welcome.
· Acting as the society’s contact with the hall staff in case of an accident or ill health or other emergency on our lecture days
|Web master||· Ensuring that the web site is up to date and that information is easy to access
|Volunteering secretary||· Helping to developing any volunteering projects organised by the society
Volunteering projects could include Heritage Volunteers, Young Arts, Church Recording or Church Trails.
|Equipment team||· Preparing the hall for the lecture each month by setting up the equipment and putting it away after the lecture.
We have a team so that a rota can be operated to spread the workload.