Gravesend and District DFAS
The role of the equipment team is to prepare the equipment needed by our lecturers and to put everything away at the end.
We have a team so that a rota can be operated to spread the workload.
What does the Equipment do?
- Prepares the hall for the lecture each month by setting up the equipment and putting it away after the lecture.
What does this involve?
- Liaising with the programme secretaries in advance to find out what the lecture needs.
- Arriving at the hall in good time to help set out the equipment
- Working with the speaker on the day to set the equipment up as required.
- Ensuring any cables etc. are secure so that they are not a trip hazard.
- Clearing the equipment away at the end of the lecture.
- Keeping up to date with the equipment being used so that it can be set up correctly.
- One of the team attending committee meetings (usually held every 2 months for about 2 hours)