The Visits Secretary works with the rest of the committee to arrange visits and tours, which complement the Society’s programme of events.
We usually have 2 visit secretaries to spread the workload and share ideas.
What does the Visit secretary do?
- Organises a programme of visits and an annual tour
What does this involve?
- Research venues using reference books, the internet and information from the NADFAS website
- Contact venues for up-to-date information on costs, tours, refreshments etc.
- Research travel options
- Work out costing (usually on a 75% take-up of places)
- Present suggestions to Committee for agreement
- Confirm all bookings in writing
- Advertise the visit and take bookings and payment at the appropriate time
- Once visit is full keep a list of reserve members
- Pass payments to treasurer with supporting list
- Reconfirm all arrangements with venue, travel company etc just before date of visit
- Make list of all participants (provide another copy of the list to a committee member going on the trip in case of emergency)
- Contact reserve list to fill any cancellations
- Obtain emergency contact numbers for those attending
- Confirm timings and pick up points to participants
- Ask Treasurer for appropriate cheques (and coach driver’s tip in cash if needed)
- Take a mobile telephone with you in case of emergency
- Afterwards complete a visit report form and send to the Education Department, NADFAS House
- Attending committee meeting usually every 2 months for about 2 hours