We have successfully completed out project for this year. Please read the report by clicking Ightham Mote.
Gravesend DFAS are actively trying to set up Heritage Volunteer projects If you have any ideas for projects or would like to find out more please contact us. email@example.com
What are Heritage Volunteers?
Heritage Volunteers are teams of committed non-specialist volunteers who work under the guidance of curators and other professionals to help conserve our heritage.
Heritage Volunteers undertake projects for:
- National Trust properties
- Historic houses
- Libraries and gardens
They give their time to care for collections, record documents and act as guides and stewards.
Current projects across the country include:
- On-site conservation of books, manuscripts, archives and maps
- Cataloguing documents and archival listing
- Conservation of arms and armour, medals and military silver
- Preventative conservation of textiles, replica work and creation of period costumes
- Guiding and stewarding in museums, historic houses and gardens.